1. The format for the competition is a 4 ball betterball stableford, 90% handicap allowance, and maximum 18 shots recieved. Players of over 18 handicap can play with shots recieved capped at 18.*
2. Professionals must play with an amatuer partner and will be eligible for the Pro-Am prizes only.
3. Any players playing from a plus handicap will use this handicap for the 4BBB competition.
4. There will be an Individual stableford competition open to all players. You must request and complete an individual card to compete in this competition. The individual competition is played off scratch.
The standard prize pot based on a minimum of 72 players is :
1st Betterball & Pro Am - £40
2nd Betterball & pro Am - £30
3rd Betterball & pro am - £20
Seniors - £20
1st - £100
3rd - £50
*the prize pot may be adjusted when the field is smaller to ensure the alliance does not operate at a loss.
6. If you do not turn up for your allotted tee time or cancel within 24 hours of an event then you will lose all susequent tee time bookings and will be required to rebook on a weekly basis.
7. Players handicaps will be based on their club handicap at the first alliance. It is the players responsibilty to ensure they play off the correct handicap.
8. Winning players in the Am/AM and the Pro/AM will lose 1 shot from their handicap. It is the players responsibility to ensure they are playing off the correct handicap.
9. Ties in the 4 ball betterball competition will be decided by a card play off using scores from the back 9 holes, back 6, back 3, back 2, back 1, then the Front.
10. Ties in the individual competition and the Pro/AM will result in a shared prize pot.
11. All prizes will be paid out in the form of vouchers to amatuer golfers. Vouchers and ball sweep winnings will be placed in an Alliance member account.
12. All alliance member accounts will be paid out whenever a member requests a voucher. Vouchers will only be given to the member it is written for. Vouchers are non transferable between member accounts.
13. Winning vouchers cannot be used for NWPGA membership or competition entry. They may only be redeemed at participating NWPGA professional shops.
14. members may request to have their winnings sent direct to a participating pro shop of their choosing.
17. 2 Balls are not allowed under the competition rules. The group in front will therefore be required to split with one player joining the group behind.*
18. Championships - To win the individual prize in any of the Championships players must have played a minimum of 5 alliances before the Championship.
19. Entry fee per week £20.00 for non PGA registered golfers and Am
£15 for PGA registered golfers
Home club members entry fee £10
Optional 2's ball sweep £2
20. Ladies - Ladies are very welcome to play in the Alliance. Ladies will play from the ladies tess but from the mens card. No courtesy shots will be given.
* - Exception - In exceptional circumstances the Alliance organisers may give permission for 2 individuals to play in the Individual competition only. They will be required to pay the same fee. They would then be allowed to play in a 2 ball.
Disputes - In the case of a dispute the decision of the Alliance manager is final.